Thursday, September 11, 2014

Once Again

Once again, I am sad and proud and overwhelmed...this day again, this infamous date, has come around...thirteen times now...and it doesn't seem real, still...I see these Towers in my mind's eye...and I miss that Skyline...the way it was, the way we were...the New York City that I grew up with...I am once again reminded of all that we have lost, and grateful for all that I have.
Thank you NYPD...I remember seeing cops in the streets that day and my heart bled for them...thanks also to FDNY, and all the other First Responders that gave so much that fateful day.
I for one will #Never #Forget.

2 comments:

  1. According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, "The deadliest day in law enforcement history was September 11, 2001, when 72 officers were killed while responding to the terrorist attacks on America."

    They deserve to be remembered, honored, and thanked.

    Thank you, also. I want to thank you and your husband for the commitment and the sacrifices you make as a family every day, for the safety of our world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jan: I take my hat off to my husband...all the time, and although I stand behind him, waiting...always waiting...I give him and the guys and gals on the Front Line all the credit.
    Best,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com