Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Busy Week

It's been a busy week for the NYPD: they had a person die while in Police Custody, there was a security breach at the Brooklyn Bridge, and their Summer Crime Initiative has begun to take effect.
Of course, everybody wants my opinion. I can't go to my Community Pool without being stopped and asked what my husband thought of the incident where a Staten Island man died.
It's tricky.
Usually people ask you such questions because they have already made up their minds, and they want or hope that my husband's "official" opinion will back up whatever it is that they already believe.
Keep in mind there's always more to every story.
Keep in mind that the person that died in Staten Island was well-known to the Police; he had thirty-one prior arrests. Perhaps that means nothing in the big scheme of things. Perhaps it means a lot.
I read an Editorial in today's New York Post that put it quite well:
http://nypost.com/2014/07/22/nypd-cops-in-the-crosshairs/
I would like to add that if any of our NYC Council Members would like to go out and do my husband's job one fine day, they're welcome to it. I could definitely recommend a great Dry Cleaner after their tour on the tough streets of the South Bronx.
A Dry Cleaner, you ask?
That's for after they piss their pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com