Monday, June 9, 2014

Rampage

When I read about the two Las Vegas Police Officers who were fatally shot on Sunday, my first thought was: What the hell is going on out there?! It's like a rampage! 
Being the sort of person who tries hard to find the perfect word or phrase, I decided to look up the word rampage in the dictionary in order to see if the phrase fit. 
Rampage is described as: a violent or excited behavior that is reckless, uncontrolled, or destructive.
It feels like every other day there is a Police shooting...last week, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police lost three Officers, coming directly on the heels of a Norfolk, Virginia Officer being shot. 
My heart breaks for the families affected by these senseless tragedies.
I find it increasingly difficult to listen to politicians pontificate about various topics, when not one of them is saying: ENOUGH. The penalties for those who go after our LEOs is never enough; simply because it is a blight on society, and either way, the families left behind are never the same.
The drug epidemic instigates the problem. Preliminary reports of the two filthy animals that shot the Las Vegas Officers state that they were on methamphetamine.I'm not shocked. It's really hard to deal with the outcome knowing that these two idiots had no real sense of what they were doing at the time they were doing it. The good news is that they committed suicide, and therefore there will be no taxpayer dollars spent on keeping them alive. 
Do I sound harsh? I don't care. It's time for someone to say enough is enough.
Now, I'd just like the ones who write the laws to get on board with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com